– Only the wealthy pay Zakah.
– Zakah is to be collected in the Bayt-ul-Mal, the public treasury.
– Zakah is used for the poor and needy only.
– Zakah funds cannot be lent to the wealthy.
– Those in charge of disbursing Zakah cannot use the Zakah funds for their own personal needs.
– Only the trustworthy must be appointed to positions of responsibility.
– No preferential treatment is allowed for the wealthy or powerful in Islam.
– The punishment for theft is chopping off the hands.
– The day of ‘Id is a day of adornment too.
– Beautifying oneself is encouraged in Islam.
– Even good and pious people sometimes make innocent mistakes.