1) Have the Sehri (pre-dawn) meal just before true dawn (not sunrise).
2) Eat nutritious foods for strength and energy.
3) Do not over-eat.
4) Recite the du‘a’ before fasting.
5) Display good character and behaviour while fasting.
6) Do not delay breaking the fast at sunset.
7) Recite the du‘a’ when breaking the fast.
8) It is best to break the fast with dates and water.
9) Eat nutritious and healthy foods when breaking the fast.
10) Do not over-eat.
11)Be courteous when breaking the fast with others and give them first preference in the foods served.