1) Always be the first to greet.
2) Do not respond to a greeting by simply gesturing with a finger or the hand.
3) Greet those you know as well as those whom you do not know.
4) The one who is walking should greet the one who is sitting.
5) The one who is riding should greet the one who is walking.
6) A small group should greet the larger one.
7) The younger person should greet the older one.
8) When approaching a gathering greet all who are present, not just some.
9) Before entering a room or house always greet aloud first.
10)Always face the person greeting.