1) Enter the toilet with the left foot.
2) Sit when relieving oneself.
3) Do not relieve yourself in sight of others.
4) When in the toilet cover your head with a cap or scarf.
5) Do not speak unnecessarily or read in the toilet.
6) Do not face the Qiblah (the direction of Salah) nor sit with your back facing towards it.
7) Perform Istinja’ after relieving yourself.
8) Use the left hand for Istinja’.
9) Wash your hands after Istinja’.
10) Leave the toilet with the right foot first.
11) Do not relieve yourself under a tree, or in a well, pool, river or dam.